Yvette1205

New Here.. Results Tomorrow!

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and I am so nervous. Tomorrow I get the bloodwork results back and I am freakedd out that they will all be negative. I fit almostall the symptoms, and the doc suspected Celiac right off the bat. However, it has been so long since I had a doctor not tell me it was all in my head, or that I would feel better if I ate right and exercised. I Do eat right, or what I thought was healthy, including whole grains. However, now I know that may be the problem. I keep tearing up because for the last 6 years I have had these health issues, and no one seems to believe me. I just missed three days of work due to debilitating abdominal pain and diarrhea, and my boss is now concerned about my "work ethic". This really upsets me beacuse now I can add him to the list of people who think I am just a hypochondriac!

My symptoms are as follows:

Abdominal pain, cramps, diarrhea, constipation (they take turns), decreased appetite, joint pain, severe fatigue, weakness, lack of energy, depression, mouth ulcers, tingling or numbness in extremities, migrain headaches, borborygmi (stomach rumbling), easy bruising, flatulence, fluid retention, extremely foul smelling stools, muscle weakness, nausea, very pale appearance, slight panic attacks, vertigo, obesity, hair loss, itchy skin.

I never even linked what I have been going through with celiac.

Thank you for reading.

Yvette

Yvette, try not to panic about the results. Testing is not real reliable. If the results come back negative you can still try a gluten-free diet as an experiment on your own. This is what I did. Like you, I was sick but docs could not figure out why. So many tests were ran. Good thing about all those tests is it eliminated alot and eventually the docs were able to put the pieces together.

If your results are positve I do hope your doc is able to give you the advise you need to start healing. This group is a great place for info from people who have been thru it first-hand. I actuially found more help here than from my docs.

Your symptoms sound like you are vitamin deficient. Besides going off gluten I would also suggest going off dairy for 2 months as well. You mentioned abdominal pain which could be that your stomach is getting torn up from acid. When the villa become damaged other things stop working as they should and dairy becomes one of those foods the body cannot tolerate until the villa are repaired. Because of the possible damage to the villa the body does not absorb the nutrients to the body and then you end up with all kinds of deficiencies that create alot of problems for us to function properly.

Everyone is a little different in their stages when they first are diagnosed so you have to experiment to figure out what works and what does not. Read, read, read.

If interested here's a little bit of my own researching that helped me. By supplementing my symptoms finally started going away:

Vit D- to help absorb calcium, irritability and dizziness or vertigo, crawling sensation on skin, joint pain, poor concentration, memory

B Complex for tingling in hands or feet, hot feet, anemia, nerve damage, buzzing in ears, neuropathy issues. I use WSN Nerve Support Formula. Others don't help my nuero issues like this one.

Magnesium- for confusion and poor memory, fatigue, disturbed sleep/insomnia, irritability, muscle twitching, muscle contraction.

Zinc- supports immune system, hair loss, taste.

Potassium- regulate nerve transmissions and muscle contractions, restless legs, charlie horses

It's not uncommon to be deficient in Iron and Calcium as well. Take a look on the Internet and see if vitamin K might also be something you could benefit from, bruising is a symptom.

Let us know the results of your test.