pucaandpixie

How Long For Gi Symptoms?

Rate this topic

I had a reaction to something I ate a few weeks back. It was accompanied by intense GI symptoms. The doctor said it was hives and I was put on prednisone. She also suggested I cut wheat for a few weeks and see how I feel because the rash looked like something she had seen in patients with gluten problems. After spending one post-pasta & bread evening in intense pain, I thought she might have a valid point.

I have been gluten-free for just over a week, and today I sat down to feed my LO some oatmeal. It was early, I'd been up all night, and without thinking about it, I shared the entire bowl with him. Within 10 minutes, I felt a general sense of unease and nausea. That was when my mind said, "OH CRAP!" and I ran to check the label. My stomach has been churning ever since.

I know there isn't a typical case, but how long does it take for your symptoms to show up? I am feeling a little mental, like I am creating symptoms where they don't exist :unsure:

Sometimes symptoms will come on very quickly, and sometimes there's a delayed reaction. Everyone's system is different, and even your own system will react differently from time to time.

If it were me and I had just eaten something bad I'd stick my finger down my throat to bring it back up. Gross I know..but in my mind better than it going through your whole system, which could take a few days.

Drink a lot of water to help flush your system too.

We all make slip ups at first.

(((hugs)))

Sometimes symptoms will come on very quickly, and sometimes there's a delayed reaction. Everyone's system is different, and even your own system will react differently from time to time.

If it were me and I had just eaten something bad I'd stick my finger down my throat to bring it back up. Gross I know..but in my mind better than it going through your whole system, which could take a few days.

Drink a lot of water to help flush your system too.

We all make slip ups at first.

(((hugs)))

Thanks for your reply! I am kind of skeptic... or maybe in denial? I am not a stranger to food allergies and intolerances-- between my children and I, we have several. I don't know why this should surprise me, but it does?

My symptoms come on very quickly. I can tell almost immediately if I've eaten something with gluten in it and/or cross-contaminated. I start getting a gurgly stomach right away. The length of time it lasts and the intensity of it or amount of pain, depends on how much of it I ate.

I think the more you get used to feeling "normal", the more you notice it.