pinkcloud

Feeling Really Sick, Egd On Mon--Anything I Can Do?

Rate this topic

I asked a question about a week ago, and things have escalated since then. I've had symptoms (basically most of the ones listed) for a good decade now, but have never been tested because my symptoms were never constant. I've had some good days and even good weeks (not more than one at a time) even while consuming gluten, dairy, etc. So i never thought i could have celiac disease. in addition, i've never had trouble gaining weight (sadly) or growing. only recently did i get a low vit D result--prior to that, all has always been at great levels.

so my recent stretch of misery started last Fri. i went to see a GI doc on Wed, and he wants to run tests. My EGD and blood is on Mon--but i've never felt worse in my life. i am in so much pain (abdominal), I can't breathe through my nose, i am naseous. i know i have to keep consuming gluten until the test, but is there anything i can do to relieve the pain without messing with the test results?

thanks much!

You could try Pepto Bismal liquid if that is something you can take. It is gluten free and helps a great deal for me when I get CC'd by gluten or soy. Glad your testing is soon but don't go gluten free until all celiac related testing is finished. I also had symptoms that came and went for years before things became constant and I don't think that is unusual in the earlier stages. After your celiac related testing is done do give the diet a good strict try no matter what the results are.

You could try Pepto Bismal liquid if that is something you can take. It is gluten free and helps a great deal for me when I get CC'd by gluten or soy. Glad your testing is soon but don't go gluten free until all celiac related testing is finished. I also had symptoms that came and went for years before things became constant and I don't think that is unusual in the earlier stages. After your celiac related testing is done do give the diet a good strict try no matter what the results are.

Thank you so much! (this is my second reply, first one was eaten by the computer). I am def. planning on a strict diet post-testing--what do i have to lose at this point? i'm tired of every meal being a gamble. i plan social activities and travel around the fact that if i eat/drink/look at food, i might be sick... so yeah, getting rid of that would be huge!

would Pepto help with the intense cramping? that's what's killing me right now! that and sinus issues, but those i am used to!

would Pepto help with the intense cramping? that's what's killing me right now! that and sinus issues, but those i am used to!

I don't know if it will or not. For me it helps with stomach pain but not with the cramping. The only thing that helps the cramping with me is a D episode. I hope you get some relief soon.