fweeby

Question For Scott Adams

Rate this topic

i have a question regarding this recipe (it's the one with 5 stars next to it). i just found out my son is unable to tolerate gluten, soy, and nuts. he's been having diarrehea for 4 months now. i have baked several bread recipees and this one he likes the best. however, there is a lot of sugar. i tried to put in less sugar and it didn't come out right. any suggestions?

I tried to find the recipe to which you were referring, but failed. It would be very helpful if you could post a link to it here in the thread. I don't have the answer you are seeking. Scott will likely respond if you provide a link, but he doesn't have time to go searching.

i have a question regarding this recipe (it's the one with 5 stars next to it). i just found out my son is unable to tolerate gluten, soy, and nuts. he's been having diarrehea for 4 months now. i have baked several bread recipees and this one he likes the best. however, there is a lot of sugar. i tried to put in less sugar and it didn't come out right. any suggestions?

Hi! How much sugar did the recipe call for and how much did you use? Using a lot less sugar can make a huge difference in texture and crumb.

Sorry but without a link I have no idea what recipe you mean...also, most of the recipes I post on celiac.com are not mine, and I am not much of a cook or baker, so my ability to help will be very limited...sorry!

Scott

Put the recipe on here. We have lots of good cooks and bakers who may have a suggeston of how to modify it.

I think we should put this in the recipe section because it isn't a techincal question about how to use the website.

i have found the yeast used in baked bread to make me sick due to the type of flour (rice, potato, etc) if it isnt dissolving right the bread wont come out right and it can give the runs to the bathroom. as a sugar substitute you could try applesauce to make it a little thicker. or use less sugar and make rolls and not a loaf of bread. everytime i try to make bread it never comes out right so i just make rolls. i know kmart has an aisle with already made loaf of bread i would try to look there if your bread continues to not turn out right. yeast also needs sugar to rise so if your using less sugar than thats your problem. try sweetened applesauce my mom uses that in cakes and bread. can't tell the difference

oh im sorry i read incorrect your talking about zuchini bread! use applesauce!!! i put that in my pumpkin bread with only half the amount of sugar required and couldnt tell the difference!