GFreeMO

Chili Beans

Rate this topic

Hey fellow super sensitives!

I was wondering if any of you have had luck with Bush's mild chili beans. They say gluten free on the can but you know how that goes sometimes. Should I stick with dry beans and make my own or would plain canned beans be ok? Any certain brands? I'm wanting to make some chili.

Thanks

I can't even find any dried beans that are O.K. I have started to grow my own. You are probably less sensitive than I am. Try them.

I use Bush beans all the time without issues. I generally stay away from the chili/ranch type beans that have a lot of spices and other additives though regardless of gluten-free status. I have noticed a few brands (Great Value for example) that say they are processed on equipment with wheat so I stay away from those because I am reasonably sensitive in that way.

I tried Bush's mild with great success. I added a bit more chilli powder because they are pretty mild.

I'd consider myself pretty sensitive.

I also took digestive enzymes when I ate the chili. Beans, spices, and tomatoes are a little hard to handle with a system that's not healed yet.