Freddy

Endomysial Iga Antibodies Wrong Test Entered

Rate this topic

I am looking for help. I have a lot of celiac symptoms and recently went to see a doctor who also thinks I may have the same. Well he did the standard blood test and I was told the IGA was low.(I do not have these results). So he ran Endomysial Iga Antibodies test and according to the doctors office it came back normal. I asked them to fax me a copy of the results. When I was looking at the results the test came back with a value of Wrong Test Entered.

I would believe that this not normal test result. Can someone help me with this. It's Friday and his office is closed. I have seen a GI doctor who has scheduled a Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for two weeks from now. I hate not knowing whats going on.

If anyone has ever seen this please educate me.

Your doctor messed up. You cannot test endomysial IgA, or any of the specific IgA tests when your total IgA is low. The result will always be low. Your doctor should have ordered Endomysial IgG, and TTG IgG as well. Perhaps the lab is trying to indicate this. It's certainly not a "normal" result. It doesn't sound like there was a result at all.

Your doctor messed up. You cannot test endomysial IgA, or any of the specific IgA tests when your total IgA is low. The result will always be low. Your doctor should have ordered Endomysial IgG, and TTG IgG as well. Perhaps the lab is trying to indicate this. It's certainly not a "normal" result. It doesn't sound like there was a result at all.

There was no results included. The GI doctor told me the only way to really tell if it is celiacs then they will need to go in take a look. I just hate waiting around. I want to feel better.