nomorethanfour

New Here With Some Questions

Rate this topic

Hi, My name is Jen (38 years old) and I am just desperate for somewhere to turn for some answers. I'm waiting for my celiac blood screening panel to get back and in the meantime I'm just miserable! My history is pretty simple - I never had any gi issues growing up. The first episode I ever had was four years ago when I was pregnant and one evening I had these sulfer burps and bloating that were so horrible- they lasted for hours - followed by horrible diarrhea - then vomitting. It was the strangest "illness" I ever had and somehow I knew it wasn't just a 24 hour bug (noone in the house caught it). I never had it again until 2 months ago and the moment the sulfer burps started, I knew what was coming. I went to the doctor the next day and he sent me to a GI doctor (we are in Germany - DH is in the Army) and they did a colonoscopy and scope looking for a blockage and everything was fine. He told me to eat more fiber and I'd be ok. Well, in the past two months I've had 12 episodes of the same nature and I'm almost positive that it's gluten. One of the things I've read is that people with Celiac have recurrent miscarriages - well, I've had 10 of them and another infant death due to a premature birth at 24 weeks. I'm also wondering about my daugter - she is almost four years old - she doesn't have GI issues, but she has horrible excema that she has battled since she was born. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have!

Hi, My name is Jen (38 years old) and I am just desperate for somewhere to turn for some answers. I'm waiting for my celiac blood screening panel to get back and in the meantime I'm just miserable! My history is pretty simple - I never had any gi issues growing up. The first episode I ever had was four years ago when I was pregnant and one evening I had these sulfer burps and bloating that were so horrible- they lasted for hours - followed by horrible diarrhea - then vomitting. It was the strangest "illness" I ever had and somehow I knew it wasn't just a 24 hour bug (noone in the house caught it). I never had it again until 2 months ago and the moment the sulfer burps started, I knew what was coming. I went to the doctor the next day and he sent me to a GI doctor (we are in Germany - DH is in the Army) and they did a colonoscopy and scope looking for a blockage and everything was fine. He told me to eat more fiber and I'd be ok. Well, in the past two months I've had 12 episodes of the same nature and I'm almost positive that it's gluten. One of the things I've read is that people with Celiac have recurrent miscarriages - well, I've had 10 of them and another infant death due to a premature birth at 24 weeks. I'm also wondering about my daugter - she is almost four years old - she doesn't have GI issues, but she has horrible excema that she has battled since she was born. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have!

If you want more children, you may not want to take the time for a complete celiac work up....I am thinking you are not in your early 20's......If you can get a COMPLETE celiac blood panel drawn very soon, do it. otherwise, get serious with the gluten free diet and all other gluten free things. and new kitchen ware, etc.

If you want more children, you may not want to take the time for a complete celiac work up....I am thinking you are not in your early 20's......If you can get a COMPLETE celiac blood panel drawn very soon, do it. otherwise, get serious with the gluten free diet and all other gluten free things. and new kitchen ware, etc.

Oh no! No more children for me! I'm closing in on forty (been married for 19 years) with an 18 year old, 6 year old and almost 4 year old! Does anyone else get the vomitting? It's wierd because I don't feel awful immediately after eating gluten. It's if I eat a few heavy gluten meals in a row and then I am completely laid out for 2 days - as in cannot leave the house. I'm amazed at how fast it has come on from never having an issue before?