alcie

Gluten Sensitive But Not Gliadin Sensitive?

Rate this topic

I had both genetic and biopsy testing done doe Celiac and both came back negative, I don't even have one of the Celiac genes. I was still having digestive troubles though and since my GI doc noticed I had a leaky gut when he was doing the biopsy he suggested an (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) test. This test showed that I had a moderate reaction to Gluten and no reaction to Gliadin. So now I'm confused, could I be Gluten Sensitive or does it sound like my symptoms might be coming from another allergy?

You can be celiac and have negative test results on blood, biopsy and genes. Have you tried the diet? If you are done with celiac related testing that would be a good next step.

Welcome to the forum. Your test results don't make much sense since gliadin is the main protein in gluten.

The best way to find out if you're gluten sensitive is to stop eating gluten and see if you feel better.

So if you're gluten sensitive you're also gliadin sensitive right? From everything I've read it sounds like they go together and often times gliadin is the main culprit. Is this correct? Maybe my results came back with gluten marked as a moderate reaction simply due to having a leaky gut? Or could it be that I'm sensitive to wheat and not gluten?

Leaky gut or allergy are possibilities. The toxic part of gluten for celiacs is gliadin but maybe you're reacting to something else.