Robert M.

Need Advice...gluten-free Helping But....

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm 44 years old and was having GI issues for years. Self diagnosed gluten intolerant about 6 weeks ago. Been on very strict gluten-free diet since that time and my GI issues are about 90% better. However, about 2 hours after I eat I feel really strange, lethargic, and some fatigue. Ive been a low carb dieter for years, but now I'm eating more corn, potatoes and rice than I ever have. I had my fasting glucose checked just before starting gluten-free diet and it was normal, below 100. Both my parents are type 2 diabetics so I get concerned.I exercise 4-5 days a week and have been healthy otherwise. Can this just be my body adjusting to my new diet? has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance.

It sure sounds like the crash I get from white rice and white potatoes. I'll fall asleep on the couch after having white rice in what should be a healthy meal. Have you considered eating more vegetables and protein and fewer starchy foods? I also did much better with brown rice and sweet potatoes (before I cut grains and starches out of my diet entirely).