Guest flowermom6117

Picks Up Every Virus She Comes In Contact With

Rate this topic

Guest flowermom6117

My 4 year old was resently diagnosed with a ton of food allergies including wheat, oat, rye, and corn. She will be sheduled a test for celiac right after the 1st of the year. (local peds g.i. doc out of the country) Over the last 5 months she has been on antibiotics for multipule infections and has had at least a dozen viruses. When she goes glutin free will this go away or am I doing something wrong.

My 4 year old was resently diagnosed with a ton of food allergies including wheat, oat, rye, and corn. She will be sheduled a test for celiac right after the 1st of the year. (local peds g.i. doc out of the country) Over the last 5 months she has been on antibiotics for multipule infections and has had at least a dozen viruses. When she goes glutin free will this go away or am I doing something wrong.

One of my daughters ws the same and we kept going to docs, she missed tons of school. Finally, a German nurse told us to have her eat cultured yogurts, that did help. I was having the same problem and doc thought it was from working with children, suggested that I run an air purifier. However, she and I then started on a good probiotic. They make probiotics for children and I would feel comfortable with them. This has made a huge difference for us. Alot of health issues are resolved by a gluten-free diet, however, I would suggest that she either eat yougurt (not kiddy sweet stuff), the Greek yogurt are very good, OR take a probiotic. I think you will notice a biug difference. She probably needs to build the good bacteria in her system to fight off the bad.

When we are celiac our bodies use up a lot of it's defenses fighting the reaction. It isn't the case for all but for myself I was constantly sick when I was eating gluten. I have been gluten free now for 9 years and haven't had a virus or infection of any kind since even when I worked in a school around sniffing and coughing kids all day. Don't know if that will be the case for her but testing her for celiac sure isn't going to hurt and if she is reacting to gluten eliminating it may make a real big difference in her overall physical and mental health.

Do make sure to keep her eating a full gluten diet until all the testing is done. False negatives are not uncommon so when all celiac related testing is done give her a good strict try on the diet even if the tests are negative.

Her experience may not be the same as mine but before I was diagnosed I showed allergies to 98 out of 99 substances tested for. It was what clued my doctor into the possibility of celiac. After I healed fully I was left with only 3 true allergies. My doctor explained that because of the celiac my immune system was in 'hyperdrive' (his term) and that was what was causing the reaction to so many things.

I was just saying in another thread that one my youngest sick child ( I have two others after him) was ill all the time, every little thing and it would always turn bad, infections etc. He had bronchiolits twice before he was 4 months old, I have lost count of the antibiotics, he was diagnosed asthma before he was 2, just sickly sickly, well -he went gluten-free in January and hasn't even had a sniffle since his last one in May!! And we have just had the longest, wettest winter with lots of colds/flu going around.