rgarton

Another Tmi Topic! Sigh!

Rate this topic

I know lots of topics like this but voila this is what were all here for right? Support and knowing at least one other person with Celiac disease is going through it too!

So to begin with the tmi, apologies!

I've been going from constipated to what can only be described as mud like stools in a matter of days, its infuriating, im fine with constipation, its better than the other way! But i still go to the bathroom every day its just well small amounts with mucus, after a couple of days like that, i had a bm yesterday which was surprisingly thin, not pencil thin no, just thinner, but i had hardly eaten anything the previous days (just get fed up with food) and today voila after yesterday almost pigging out for me, but no one else agrees just ate more than usual, i woke up, bm was soft, and well mud like, its dark, but because of my iron tablets, but also first bit of it was hard and covered in mucus.

After 10 months being gluten&dairy free (very strict) and 8 months soya free... when the hell is all this nonsense going to stop?!? I dread morning time, absolutely hate it and it ruins my day when i have days like this. Has anyone got any advice, my doctors just seem to sigh at me whenever i call or see them now, i don't think they realise how badly it effects me! Oh and I'm losing weight again, this time last year i was 10 and a half stone, now im only 8 nd a half, i dropped to 9stone in a matter of weeks and have been bobbing along around 8,10 for months, but now im 8,7... I am so so so fed up and tired!

Someone please just say they're going through the same thing or some advice?! Thanks!

All I can say is after four or five years of (soy free, dairy and corn light, nasty chemicals free) I still never quite know what to expect when I go potty. I've accepted that my body has it's own definition of digestion and I get what I get.....

Are you on probiotics and digestive enzymes? They help me tremendously.

I think digestive enzymes help more with C.

I started taking Citrucel on the advice of a friend who is a PA and it has changed my world. I thought it was just for constipation but it isn't. It makes things look normal again. Plus I swear it even seems to help some the few times I've been glutened since taking it. It makes the GI effects less severe.

I started taking Citrucel on the advice of a friend who is a PA and it has changed my world. I thought it was just for constipation but it isn't. It makes things look normal again. Plus I swear it even seems to help some the few times I've been glutened since taking it. It makes the GI effects less severe.

I second Citrucel. Eating gluten for me causes extreme constipation and discomfort. Citrucel helps keep things moving, if I'm already constipated I will take stool softeners just get it over with as well as drink lemon juice and water. I take Citrucel everyday and it really helps.