alicewa

Interesting Video On Gluten Intolerance But Is It Accurate?

Rate this topic

Just came across a really intriguing video on youtube about gluten intolerance, celiac disease and how it can be treated effectively.

It was only uploaded recently and I wondered if any of this is true. Sounds very interesting and gave me some insight into how my body has gone all along... <_<

I got to the part where this video said that unprocessed gluten won't cause a reaction. I guess its supposed to be OK to eat wheat straight from the stalk? Or cook it before its "processed"? If that's true, why are people so worried that there might be an unprocessed piece of wheat ccing thier strawberries or other produce?

My kids have videos on YouTube. They didn't have to prove thier qualifications or get a liscense or pass a test to post on YouTube.

Sounds like a load of bull to me... I hear this kind of talk often when I visit an organic food store. As if organically grown wheat wouldn't make me ill... :rolleyes:

Alice, hon, I see you are still searching for a way for it to be okay for you to eat gluten-filled foods again.

The internet is full of many things, but a cure for celiac is NOT THERE.

I told you, if there were a CURE, it would be FRONT PAGE NEWS and celiacs/gluten intolerants everywhere would know about it.

She did a good job explaining the inflammatory process...until the end where

she told a BIG FAT LIE.

It was only uploaded recently and I wondered if any of this is true. Sounds very interesting and gave me some insight into how my body has gone all along... <_<

'Tis a fab mix of fact and fantasy.

Technically it should be possible for you to rid your body of anti-gluten antibodies, and I recall reading one study about a young woman who did that. It took her ten years.

If you consider how the immune system works, every time you encounter something that triggers an antibody response you make more of the cells that know how to make that antibody. Those memory cells will eventually die if you stop making them, and your body won't know how to make anti-gluten antibodies any more. But you would have to not encounter even the slightest scrap of gluten, any tiny bit of CC will send you back to the beginning of the process. Maybe if you lived in a culture where wheat isn't used you might have a chance, but it seems a pretty daunting task otherwise...

it's good information on an anti-inflammatory diet, but I really don't think that eventually you can eat wheat in any form ever again.