tinab3girls

Digestive Enzymes

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if digestive enzymes would help, even just a little bit, while i'm waiting for my test results? I have extreme bloating/fullness and nausea after eating and was just wondering if those might help?

Thank you for any thoughts!

My daughter takes them when her stomach feels a little iffy. They seem to help her.

She takes American Health Chewable Super Papaya Enzyme Plus. We get them at Whole Foods. (No Gluten, No Yeast, No Milk or Derivatives, No Egg, No Soy . . . some others but those are the biggies).

She has tried the antacids in the same situation and they don't seem to do anything for her.

that is the exact kind i have! i used to take them before my gallbladder was removed just didnt now if they would work with a celiac reaction.

Digestive enzymes can help with that sort of feeling. There aren't any enzymes that are proven to specifically with gluten (despite some misleading labels) but our digestive systems don't work as well as one might hope. The other thing that can help is eating smaller meals and having some probiotic food like kefir or unpasteurized sauerkraut or kimchi for bacteria and a little acid to help your digestion. If the cabbage seems too much, just the sauerkraut juice is helpful and not hard to digest at all. Bubbie's brand sauerkraut is one to look for.