Silencio

Been Off Gluten For Weeks Now, Why Are My Teeth Still Shifting?

Rate this topic

Im still confused about this. Nobody ever talks about it. My teeth are becoming a wreck and I cant do anything about it. Ive been off gluten and taking a bunch of vitamins to try to help my teeth and gums. They are healthy with no cavities. Will it just teeth just stop moving over time or will I always have to put up with it?

Im still confused about this. Nobody ever talks about it. My teeth are becoming a wreck and I cant do anything about it. Ive been off gluten and taking a bunch of vitamins to try to help my teeth and gums. They are healthy with no cavities. Will it just teeth just stop moving over time or will I always have to put up with it?

Have you asked a dentist? Mine and my son's are reasonably knowledgeable about Celiac and teeth.

Have you been tested for vitamin problems and addressing those or just guessing which ones you're low on?

Have your had your bone density checked (and Vitamin D)? Osteoporosis is one of the more common side effects associated with celiac, and it could be that your teeth are moving because you do not have good quality bone in your jaw to hold them in place. If you haven't had a DEXA scan, get one right away. Also, your dentist should be able to evaluate the qualitty of the jaw bone somewhat from x-rays of your mouth. Time for a visit to see him too :)

Yeah I went to the dentist to get xrays of the jaw bone and that was all fine. I dont know what my vitamin levels are. I asked the doc if they were ok and she said they didnt even check for that. I could just go to the doc and request my vitamin levels to be checked?

I have lots and lots of teeth problems since my early 20's before diagnosis but after some of my symptoms started ie dry eyes, joint pain. Just had my 9th root canal and am about to get a crown on a old root canaled tooth, Oh joy. Doctors can't say for sure whats causing it, dentist, been to several have no idea either. Its not going away I am sorry to say but maybe you are luckier. Hang in there and let ne know if the discover the root (excuse the pun) of the problem.

My gums are still sore and bleed sometimes and I was diagnosed 4 months ago. I know I had a few problems with cross contamination early on but none in the last month for sure. I know my bones are good so I am a bit concerned about why this is still going on. Plan to see the dentist next week so if I find out anything that could help you, I will post.

Yeah I got a dentist appointment early Feb, first time going since my diagnosis. We will see what they have to say.

I liked this article and the previous one about dental health. It's more than just gluten and sugar that impact dental health, other foods can help or hinder it, too. The weston a price people have a lot to say about the connection between diet and teeth/jaw bone development/health, too.