noahs_mommom

Please Look At Test Results?

Rate this topic

Morning! I received my test results for Celiac from the Lab, but haven't heard from my doctor yet (she is working part time at the moment), and I'm going out of my mind with them, so I wanted you all to look at them. First, I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue. I also have Osteoarthritis in my knees, and may be developing Rheumatoid Arthritis. My test results were ordered by my rheumatologist.

IGG Negative at 4

IGA 69H (says positive)

Endomysial Antibody SCR Titer 1:20 H

Does this all mean that I do have celiac?

And, of course, tested positive for all things autoimmune, with ANA with a speckled pattern, but I already knew that.

I'm slightly freaking out, because it seems I just get more and more dx's. ughhh.

Thanks! Abby

Welcome to the board. You do have positive test results. While that may seem like bad news right now it may actually be a good thing. You may see the fibro and CFS disappear once you have been on the diet a while. My arthritis is also in total remission but can't say for sure that will be the case for you.

If you are going to persue an endoscopy then wait to go gluten free. If not then go ahead and start the diet. You need it no matter what the endo results are so after all celiac related testing is done then get on the diet strictly. You may be pleasantly surprised at how much resolves for you.

Ask any questions you need to and read as much here as you can.

Thank you for looking over them so quickly! Does this mean that I should have my children tested?

I'm going to start by eating whole foods (no wheats of course), but beyond that... what about eating out? We like to eat out a lot.

Thank you for looking over them so quickly! Does this mean that I should have my children tested?

I'm going to start by eating whole foods (no wheats of course), but beyond that... what about eating out? We like to eat out a lot.

I would have my children tested, since you tested positive.

I am at about 8 weeks gluten-free. I rarely eat out still, of the times we have eaten out is when I usually get glutened. If I do eat out its at Wendys or else restaurantes that advertise gluten-free products only now because I haven't had luck elsewhere.

I started out, and I regularly go back to just only eating/buying foods that specifically say its 'gluten-free'. (Wheat Free labeled...things often have gluten from barley or rye, I found that out the hard way).

Minute Rice is gluten free if you want an easy-inexpensive way to make dinners!

You need to avoid rye, barley and commercial oats(cross contaminated with wheat..there are certified gluten free oats but you may want to wait to heal before introducing them) also in addition to wheat. Wheat and rye will be clearly labled, but barley can hide in natural flavorings. Not all natural flavorings contain gluten however, so reading lables and calling companies is important. There are several mainstream companies that will disclose all gluten on the lable if it is in there. Some trusted companies include; Kraft, Unleiver, and ConAgra to name a few. There are more out there, just can't recall this morning.

The definite positive test here is the EMA test

but there is something missing in the names of the other tests "IGG Negative at 4

IGA 69H (says positive)

IgA and IgG are just some general immuneglobulins

were the tests tissue transglutaminase IgG and tissue transglutaminase IgA?

I'm going to copy and paste what it says exactly (I don't know what all of the language means, so I was guessing at what was important)...

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE QHO

ANTIBODY, IGG,IGA

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE

ANTIBODY, IGG 4 U/mL

Value Explanation of Test Results

<7 Negative

7-10 Equivocal

>10 Positive

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE

ANTIBODY, IGA 69 H U/mL

Value Explanation of Test Results

<5 Negative