RacerX35

Forgot The Name In Utah

Rate this topic

I know it was mentioned before, but I cannot find it anywhere. Someone had mentioned a gluten free bakery in I believe it was the Sandy area of Salt Lake City. I am traveling back up to SLC on the 20th and would like to find some extra options since I have not been there since about 2007 and before I knew I could not eat gluten. Funny thing is that it is my home town and I am going to visit friends by myself since the kids have school and all that and it's my birthday trip. I think I can make there in under 10 hours. I usually make to Vegas from my home in about 3.

Thanks for any help,

Ray :D

I know it was mentioned before, but I cannot find it anywhere. Someone had mentioned a gluten free bakery in I believe it was the Sandy area of Salt Lake City. I am traveling back up to SLC on the 20th and would like to find some extra options since I have not been there since about 2007 and before I knew I could not eat gluten. Funny thing is that it is my home town and I am going to visit friends by myself since the kids have school and all that and it's my birthday trip. I think I can make there in under 10 hours. I usually make to Vegas from my home in about 3.

Thanks for any help,

Ray :D

I have it on my FB. I'll pop over there & get back to you in about 1/2 hr. Kid is wanting to get to Robotics.

http://www.eleanorsbakeshop.com/daily-menu/

Haven't been there, just kept ibecause sometimes we go skiing.

Thanks!! I figure, I better cover my bases before heading over. I found a couple of places in Orem where two of my friends live, so we can have dinner there when I arrive.

Thanks again,

Ray B)

OMG!!! I live like 20-40 minutes from there. (Depending on the time of day and the day of the week.) That's super exciting to see there is a bakery I can go to, I've been looking for one in Orem but haven't found one down here or in Provo yet.

this is an all gluten-free store in Layton if you are near there. They have some of the regular stuff but also stuff like Sandwich Petals that you normally have to buy a large amount of by mail. They carry baked goods from several bakeries.

http://www.ieatglutenfree.com/

Good to have the info. I know there are quite a few places that are sensitive to people needing gluten free menus and products. I go to the Whole Foods Market when there is one in town, quite a good selection as well. I have a couple of friends in Orem that I haven't seen in almost 15 years and have already found a few restaurants to choose from there and then SLC on Saturday. I will be going to The Original Pancake House Sunday morning before heading back home. The gluten free pancakes are incredible. They taste just like the gluten ones that I remember having before having to go gluten free. I think I can cut a 10 hours drive down to 8 too. B) hahahaha :lol:

Later,

Ray

I can't deny that having to go gluten free totally sucks. Thankfully being in Orem helps a lot. The more I poke around the more I see that is available. What places do your friends recommend in Orem? I'd love to find some more options. Maybe something will sound more appealing than Rodizio Grill in American Fork.