smartin986

Eating At Restuarants

Rate this topic

I've been gluten-free for 6 months. It took about 3 months for it to heal good enough. Luckily I'm not too sensitive and I can have stuff that is made in the same facility and use the same frier. If you are sensitive to that don't take my recommendations. I eat at certain restaurants regularly. My favorite is Cafe Brazil in Dallas area. Even though they don't have a gluten-free Menu there are still things I can order. I eat the Cheese or Chicken Nachos a lot. Make sure the chicken is seasoned with blackening. I eat the Veggie Migas a lot(no seasoning and with corn tortillas) Also there is a lot of eggs/omelets and so fourth. You have to make sure you tell them no seasonings on the veggies though. The black bean soup and Wine Country Salad(no seasoning) is good too. I love Cristina's Fine Mexican restaurant but I haven't seen anything gluten-free from them. I always get Brisket Tacos though(yummy). I like Pei Wei's gluten-free Spicy Chicken. They even have gluten-free Soy Sauce! Love Mi Cocina's gluten-free menu too! Cantina Laredo has their menu marked and they have an awesome Pollo and Cilantro Salad. Their queso and margaritas are great too! I have so many more I just can't name. If I do eat something contaminated I WILL notice it the next morning. So I have a start with my eating out so far. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Luckily I'm not too sensitive and I can have stuff that is made in the same facility and use the same frier.

It is good that you do not have overt symptoms from a glutening (GI distress or neurological,etc.) like many do, but eating food from a shared fryer is NOT a good idea. :blink:

You are being cross contaminated with gluten, whether you "feel it" or not.

If you are celiac you can not eat things from a shared fryer whether it makes you sick or not.