Tabz

Malts And Bagels ?

Rate this topic

i malts but i cant have them is there a way to make them gluten-free ?

and i need a bagel recipe too plez and thank u all :huh:

i malts but i cant have them is there a way to make them gluten-free ?

and i need a bagel recipe too plez and thank u all :huh:

Tabz, you're gonna have to be more specific when you ask for assistance. ;)

BTW, there are some decent gluten free bagels in the frozen section of many grocery stores.

OR, you can Google "Gluten Free Bagel Recipes" , or do you just want to visit? :D

I don't have a recipe. I did make them once. The recipe said to boil them in sugar water instead of malt. The end result was edible but nothing like a real bagel. Very time consuming and my daughter wasn't thrilled. I didn't keep the recipe. We just buy Udi's now.

I agree - some things are better made from scratch, but bagels aren't worth the effort to make yourself. Go for the frozen ones.

Sorghum syrup (also called sorghum molasses) is a decent substitute for malt in a milkshake. You can use molasses in a pinch but sorghum is closer to malt. Mix the syrup into the milk first to thin it. It gets really hard if you try to add it straight to ice cream.

I'll third how much of a pain-in-the-butt homemade bagels are. That broil, boil, bake routine is pretty time-consuming. I tried wheat ones once back when I was eating gluten and was permanently cured of the desire to ever make them again.

I love making bagels and think they ARE worth making. However, as I am away from home I do not have my recipes with me. I will be home in a week and will post a recipe for you then.