dfp42

Going To A Celiac Spealist Tomorrow Should I Eat Glutten?

Rate this topic

I've been off gluten for almost 24 hrs and I'm feeling way better but I'm going to a dr. tomorrow to find out if I have it and will probably be getting blood work done in the afternoon and then setup for an scope later. My question is should I eat something with gluten tonight in it? Like pizza for dinner or whatever? I don't want to mess up the blood test but I also don't want to be sick. It's only been about 24 hr/s since no gluten. Anyone know the time ranges of how long off gluten to have a valid test or not? Normally I eat all kinds of bread previously.

Thanks

-Den

Yes, keep eating gluten until all your testing is done. 24 hours probably wouldn't make much a of a difference but I would start eating up all the gluten you can find. ;-)

Yes, keep eating gluten until all your testing is done. 24 hours probably wouldn't make much a of a difference but I would start eating up all the gluten you can find. ;-)

I have a funny feeling I'm going to get sick from this... My symptoms seem to be related with sweaty palms, brain fog lightheaded and nervousness. It does get pretty bad sometimes and I have to lay down for about an hr or so for it to go away. I also been noticing my stomach seems to growl like all day long even on a full meal. Since I've been off gluten, it hasn't growled...? I'm a little scared to eat gluten in way, but I can try to deal with it until they find out or not. I'm assuming all the doctors can do for me tomorrow on a first initial visit would be blood work correct?

They will probably do bloodwork then they will schedule you for an endoscope if you want that done.

They will probably do bloodwork then they will schedule you for an endoscope if you want that done.

How long does the blood work take to find out if it's positive? I would be nice to know right away.. :/

How long does the blood work take to find out if it's positive? I would be nice to know right away.. :/

It can take up to two weeks to come back. Do keep eating gluten until after all celiac related testing is finished including the endoscopy if you are having one.

For your growling tummy you might want to try some digestive enzymes. They help me with gas, and I sometimes take them after I eat if I'm getting gassy. I use the Source Naturals, and just got a new bottle in a vegetarian capsule (I'm not vegetarian, but I'm trying to avoid gelatin caps). It says they contain no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.