jistmetoo

Why?

Rate this topic

why do some people with celiac get DH and others dont , I have been gluten-free for over 20 yrs <_<

Are you saying you have been gluten-free 20 years & now you have dh? Did you get accidentally glutened recently?

I'm not sure if I've seen an explanation of why some people get coeliac and some get DH.

But remember that in the development of the embroyo the gut is a 'folded in' part of the same tissue that the skin is formed of. So the gut and the skin have some things in common. I suspect that is part of the explanation. It goes right back to the early part of development.

I ate a low gluten diet for 10 years plus before the DH appeared. Apparently it was triggered by a couple of high gluten meals I ate to avoid social embarrassment. I think others have mentioned that the DH was triggered when they interrupted their low gluten diet with a good dose of gluten.

I ate a low gluten diet for 10 years plus before the DH appeared. Apparently it was triggered by a couple of high gluten meals I ate to avoid social embarrassment. I think others have mentioned that the DH was triggered when they interrupted their low gluten diet with a good dose of gluten.

This is basically my circumstances too. I was always avoiding gluten containing foods subconsciously then went to work in a bakery which became an obvious trigger.

I was always itchy though, even before the bakery. In hindsight a lot of mosquito bites and ingrown hairs actually were not. So I believe I've always had it just that the bakery made it all-over and constant rather than occasional and lite.