Adalaide

Chloraseptic

Rate this topic

I'm still struggling with my sore throat and poor voice that some days makes a rather hoarse appearance and other days is still squeaky if existent at all. The only thing that helps at all is Chloraseptic spray. Whenever I use it though I start belching insanely frequently. I also sometimes get killer heartburn, which I haven't experienced since I was pregnant with my 15 year old daughter. It is gluten free but I'm wondering if anyone else gets similar reactions or has a suggestion for an alternative. I've tried all manner of cough drops and none seem to help more than a little bit.

I've used Cloroseptic without the problems you mentioned.

Last time I had a sore throat, I tried something different: gargling warm water with cayenne pepper. I did this with some trepidation since I found this on the Internet. Nonetheless, it worked great. It was initially unpleasant but after a few minutes, my throat felt much better. The effect was longer lasting than the Cloroseptic.

Keep in mind though that cayenne pepper is afterall a very hot spice. If you already have issues with belching / heartburn, you may want to forego this alternative. Regardless, search the web for sore throat and cayenne and read the various articles before deciding.

Have you tried gargling with warm salt water?

Another idea ~~~ Horehound drops ~~~ available from Cracker Barrel Restraunts (also online from them). That is if you're in the US.

Thanks! My grammy has always sworn by horehound drops but for some reason I totally forgot they exist. They always helped when I was a kid, hopefully they'll do the same now. I am in the U.S. and can probably get myself to a Cracker Barrel in the next few weeks. Although I may just go crazy from the smell of that place, I should probably have grits with syrup while I'm there. (Until I get down that way I picked up a bottle of Tums.