Mom-of-Two

Biopsy Confirmation Today

Rate this topic

I guess not a huge surprise, my biopsy results showed "remarkable" damage/changes consitent with celiac. My blood panel was hugely positive so she expected to see these results, but somehow "remarkable" damage makes it feel more real to me :(

I am quite shocked that I do not have significant vitamin deficiencies, even my iron is normal. I am grateful, just such a fluke based on my results. I have not had my D levels checked, I do take 5000 IU daily already before I knew I had celiac. Here is what I currently take, can someone tell me if I'm ok with these to keep my vitamin levels high?

Nature Made liquid softgel for women, multi with iron, folate, adequate B vitamns.

D3 - 5000 IU daily

Magnesium complex- 500 mg citrate/oxide combo

Renew Life probiotic adult formula 15 billion, I have been taking 2 a day.

Follow up in 3 months for repeat blood panel.

I guess not a huge surprise, my biopsy results showed "remarkable" damage/changes consitent with celiac. My blood panel was hugely positive so she expected to see these results, but somehow "remarkable" damage makes it feel more real to me :(

I am quite shocked that I do not have significant vitamin deficiencies, even my iron is normal. I am grateful, just such a fluke based on my results. I have not had my D levels checked, I do take 5000 IU daily already before I knew I had celiac. Here is what I currently take, can someone tell me if I'm ok with these to keep my vitamin levels high?

Nature Made liquid softgel for women, multi with iron, folate, adequate B vitamns.

D3 - 5000 IU daily

Mom-of-two, the "remarkable" damage is just "medical-speak" for something that is visible during the endoscopy. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is a huge problem but you could ask the doc for your "Marsh classification score." Celiac is classified from Marsh 1 to Marsh 4, depending on the level of damage. See wikipedia for definitions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease

Mom-of-two, the "remarkable" damage is just "medical-speak" for something that is visible during the endoscopy. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is a huge problem but you could ask the doc for your "Marsh classification score." Celiac is classified from Marsh 1 to Marsh 4, depending on the level of damage. See wikipedia for definitions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease

I should be getting a detailed report with copies of everything in the mail, I talked to the nurse today who explained everything in detail, but I will like getting the results in print.

D3 - 5000 IU daily

I would go get your vitamin levels checked.

My vitamin D was found to be severly deficient. My doctor said that unless I heavy dosed, I would never bring my levels up. I had to take 10,000 units a day. My maintenance dose is 5k a day.