slamzor

"breast Swelling" As A Symptom

Rate this topic

Greetings everyone.

My intolerance is supposedly related to Aspergers, but that is a different and endless discussion. To put it simply, my reactions are not terrible at all; stomach pains and irritability etc. But by far the most annoying reaction is the swelling of my "breasts". I am a male, so pectorals is more appropriate but searching for that as a possible symptom doesn't bring any results, and as you can imagine the results for "breast swelling" are anything but helpful. I have eating problems and have been trying to gain weight for almost a year, but when my pecks feel swollen I can't help but feel gross and "fat".

Is this a possible symptom or is it just in my head?

Many thanks for your time. :)

I don't know if there could be a connection. Celiac does seem to mess with female's hormones and can send us into a premature menapause and cause inferitility. Could it impact males hormones? Perhaps, as both females and males have estrogen and testosterone just in different levels. Maybe some of our more scientific folks will know.

You do sound like your having symptoms from gluten including brain impact if it is making you irritable so perhaps it might be a good idea to remain as strict as possible with the diet.

Greetings everyone.

My intolerance is supposedly related to Aspergers, but that is a different and endless discussion. To put it simply, my reactions are not terrible at all; stomach pains and irritability etc. But by far the most annoying reaction is the swelling of my "breasts". I am a male, so pectorals is more appropriate but searching for that as a possible symptom doesn't bring any results, and as you can imagine the results for "breast swelling" are anything but helpful. I have eating problems and have been trying to gain weight for almost a year, but when my pecks feel swollen I can't help but feel gross and "fat".

Is this a possible symptom or is it just in my head?

Many thanks for your time. :)

Now I do not plan to write a dissertation on HRT right now. I simply brought it up as an introduction to the biggest, unknown-by-most source of estrogens to women and men- our food. The major sources of estrogens in our diet are our "good friends" dairy products (e.g. cow's milk, cheese), the gluten grains (wheat, barley, rye), and soy (errrrrrh!!!!!). Yes, the top three human, dog, and cat food allergens, damagers of the villi of the intestine, sources of harmful lectins, and suppliers of "excitotoxins" are also the leading sources of estrogen and it's precursors. Do you see a pattern here

My son had Man boobs until he was gluten free for 9 months.

They disappeared entirely.

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the responses.

@ ravenwoodglass: Sorry, in retrospect my post was quite misleading. I am on a fairly strict gluten-free diet at the moment. (As strict as a college kid living on his own can be, occasionally a drunken slice of pizza or can of beer fools me into making a poor choice :P ) My inability to gain weight is actually due to several factors but mostly for my unwillingness to eat in general. The swelling doesn't occur too often (mostly when I'm in the presence of a bakery-type enviornment) I think I was mostly just complaining, sorry!

@Eatmeat4good: That is reassuring! I have only been gluten-free since around June, and although I don't consider myself to have man-boobies (I work out quite a bit) this totally makes sense. On days after a bad decision I can tell the difference between whether my "pecks" are "boobish" or looking normal. I was just worried that it's in my head and I was just being an annoyance. I guess only time will tell for certain but at least I know that there is some correlation!

Thanks again, I really appreciate the help! I just joined the forum and this place may be my saving grace since none of my relatives are gluten-free so I am akin to a pioneer. Now if only midterms could hurry up and be over with...