AlexS

Mainstream Gluten-Free Cereals

Rate this topic

Hi, can anybody tell me the names of some mainstream cereals that don't contain gluten? Are there any besides Chex? I live in a tiny town, not in the US, and I don't really have access to those special brands I keep seeing online. Thanks!

In addition to the Chex cereals which are gluten-free (except for the obvious Wheat Chex), there is now a brown rice version of Rice Krispies.

Barley malt is in just about everything in the cereal aisle--if it does not already contain a gluten grain as the main ingredient. :angry:

Aren't Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles gluten free? I remember reading that somewhere but I haven't actually checked the label myself. I know it's not exactly "mainstream" but my son really likes the Envirokids cereals, especially the one that looks like Kix and the frosted flakes. I actually can get those in my regular grocery store.

I'm also wondering if your grocery store might order what you want for you. Mine said they would but I live in Orlando so it might be easier for them than where you are.

Aren't Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles gluten free?

I believe they are. They are just not available here in Canada. They would not be on my shopping list even if they were, due to the high sugar content.

Black and Gold version of cocoa pops are.

Hot rice cereals - depends on brands - should be gluten-free also. You may have to check the baby aisle :).