MoMof2Boyz

Does Anyone Have Allergy Shiners Particular To Celiac Or Gluten Intolerance?

Rate this topic

does anyone have any pics? i need to see what these look like I tried google and I didn't find any related to celiac/gluten. My ds and I both have redness under our eyes and I didn't know if that was something to do with gluten or not. thanks!

No pictures, but for me I had dark circles under my eyes before going gluten-free. I also had flushed facial skin and was pale a lot with mottled skin tones. My feet and ankles also swell when I get into food allergens. Feet also look mottled.

My allergy eyes went away on gluten-free though.

My son gets dark circles under his eyes when he has been glutened . . . he also tends to get a rash around his mouth - looks like very chapped lips - but it comes on suddenly and takes days to heal. His only real symptom of celiac disease is a marked change in behavior - we get tantrums, frustration, anger, mood swings, etc. It all lasts about a week.

Here is a photo from when he was recovering from being glutened . . . this is when it was almost gone:

IMG_2370.jpg

Not sure if I would call it "allergy shiners" but usually I can take one look at him and know something is wrong.

Cara