questiongirl

Have All The Symptoms But Am Not Convinced

Rate this topic

For months now I have noticed after eating almost anything (most my meals contain some sort of wheat) i had digestion discomfort, but I ignored that.

Then maybe about three months ago I started having blood appear in my stool, in the toilet's water, and on the toilet paper and having painful bowel movments. It was off and on, so i just sort of ignored it.

I also started getting rashes on my face and neck. My face cleared up after about three days but my neck still has noticable bumps after maybe a week.

Then yesterday, I only nibbled on three things. two pieces of toast, a green onion cake, some protein bar. Then, when trying to sleep I felt a lot of discomfort. I was passing a lot of gas and cramping up, there was also knotting sensations. I thought maybe I was just hungry (stupid lol i know) and I ate a bun. I still couldn't sleep, and usually to fix this i eat more. So i ate half of a baked potatoe with butter at 4 am.

I managed to sleep but woke up in agony.

This whole day i've suffered from cramps that come and go every ten minutes or so, and they are painful. I have also been farting and my usually thin stomach is really bloated. I think I had atleased 6 different bowel movments, all in which they were not normally colored or textured. They were more grey, dull browns, and near black.

Before I go to the doctor's I want to make sure I have this disease.

After my last bowel movment, I felt better. Then, I accidentally just ate a bunch of triscuits, thinking they were gluten free.

So i am expecting some pain. What sort of pain should I expect from eating maybe like 20 triscuits?

Also, the main reason I am not convinced I have this disease is because there have been times where i've ate alot of bread and didn't feel too bad. As I mentioned before, after eating anything, i usually feel really queasy. So i'm not sure if I have celiac, or maybe I just have some constipation. I am also quite young if that helps your opinion.

Thanks!! <3

Hi there,

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to print out the "Am I the One" pdf from the Celiac Disease Foundation website. Highlight the symptoms you have. Write up a page of notes detailing each symptom for you and make an appointment with your doctor. Have the doctor write up a celiac panel requisition for the lab and get your bloodwork done. That's the best start. Don't take yourself off gluten until you test or the results can be a false negative.

Hang in there!

Surely, you can't thik it's normal to have blood when you have a BM? :o

Get yourself to a Dr. ASAP!

Before I go to the doctor's I want to make sure I have this disease.

You need medical attention and it's not up to you to make sure you have celiac. A black stool or a stool with dark coffee-ground looking stuff in it can be signs of internal bleeding and requires immediate medical attention. Bright red blood is less of an emergency but you still need to get to a doctor. It is not normal, even for celiac, to have blood in your stool.

It is not up to you to try to diagnose what's going on. You are not a doctor, It may be celiac, it may not. Keep eating gluten so celiac tests work properly, ask for a celiac panel, but let your doctor test for infections, parasites, and rule out other reasons for severe pain and bleeding.

Once everything is done you can try the gluten-free diet on your own to see if it's generally helpful.

You need medical attention and it's not up to you to make sure you have celiac. A black stool or a stool with dark coffee-ground looking stuff in it can be signs of internal bleeding and requires immediate medical attention. Bright red blood is less of an emergency but you still need to get to a doctor. It is not normal, even for celiac, to have blood in your stool.

It is not up to you to try to diagnose what's going on. You are not a doctor, It may be celiac, it may not. Keep eating gluten so celiac tests work properly, ask for a celiac panel, but let your doctor test for infections, parasites, and rule out other reasons for severe pain and bleeding.

Once everything is done you can try the gluten-free diet on your own to see if it's generally helpful.

Ditto the other posters....my mother in law sadly ignored her blood in stool for months and other GI distress symptoms by the time she went to the doctor it was too late (she had cancer).