MoMof2Boyz

Pretty Sure This Is Negative Results But Please Take A Look

Rate this topic

for my almost 14 year old son.

(DGP IgG) 0.7 range <4.9

(DGP IgA)<.1 range <6.1

(TTG IgA) <.1 range <10.3

(EMA IgA) negative

total serum IgA 17 so from some emails last year(I had saved them) Dr. Guandalini says that an IgA of 20 or above is not considered IgA deficient...so going by 17 this would be considered defecient?? ages 3-13 range is 41-395 and ages 13 to adult range is 44-441

looks like he had some gene testing done

DQ2- DQ8- increased risk <0.1x relative risk extremely low

food allergy panel came back

milk(flagged high)

peanuts(flagged high)

wheat(flagged high)

all the other stuff he was right at the range given so like for egg white his results were <.35 and the range is <.35

so any comments any advice?? our next appointment isn't for a few weeks and the nurse told me not to read too much into this. the food allergy results make total sense, drinks lots of milk, eats pband j for lunch on wheat bread everyday....

oh and just in case, my ds ismoody/figure itmight be hormones though, very thin think stick thin, no body fat(doc even notes 0% body fat on his medical chart) constipation, redness under his eyes, low iron. thanks again for any help

With an IgA of 17 and a range of thirteen to adult 44 - 441, your son is IgA deficient (and even with Dr. Guandalini adjusting the range to less than 20, he is still under.) This means to me that his IgA testing is not valid and they need to do the IgG versions. His symptoms certainly sound spot on for celiac. Is there any way of getting retesting sooner with the IgG versions? Ask the nurse.

• Upvote 1

What shroomie said. He needs TTG-IgG and EMA-IgG. He needs to continue eating wheat for valid testing so you might want to call and see if they can arrange the labs sooner.

ok, thank you both, I will ask for those versions of the test.

can someone tell what the difference between these are? (the IgG compared with the IgA thanks!)

They are different types of antibodies. Your son doesn't make enough IgA for the tests to be valid, whether or not the doctor decides to diagnose him as IgA deficient. That means he needs the IgG version of the test.

Hi everyone! Just one more question, if my son's DGP IgG is positive(but not a very high positive) would that indicate celiac?

Yes, that would indicate celiac. DGP-IgG is very specific.

Yes, that would indicate celiac. DGP-IgG is very specific.

Really?!! In your opinion, is a DGP IgG of 0.7 range <4.9 a positive? just trying to understand this all better.

thanks!

Really?!! In your opinion, is a DGP IgG of 0.7 range <4.9 a positive? just trying to understand this all better.

thanks!

Sorry, I thought you were asking theoretically or maybe about someone else's test. Your son's test is not positive at all. It is negative, and low-negative at that. 0.7 is considerably below the 4.9 cutoff.

Sorry, I thought you were asking theoretically or maybe about someone else's test. Your son's test is not positive at all. It is negative, and low-negative at that. 0.7 is considerably below the 4.9 cutoff.

thanks, sometimes this stuff can be hard to understand :)