1desperateladysaved

If You Want To Be Safe; Bring Your Own Food. Car Travel

Rate this topic

:lol:

Why worry if your food might be set on a glutened plate, or if there is corn in your restaurant salt?

I had a "car oven". It plugged into the 12 volt outlet in the car. I was able to warm one or two servings in it. The cost was about 40 dollars. It lasted for a year or two before our rough treatment did it in. I found this oven would not heat frozen food or large amounts of food. But refrigerated to warm could be heated eventually or kept warm.

I have seen advertised a travelbuddy oven. They do have a website. They are said to be used by pizza delivery companies. It claimed to get hot enough to bake a pie. I sure would like to have that in my car. The cost is about 200 dollars. Think of all the glutenings it could prevent, and the convenience on a long car trip. :P

I got a portable microwave. You can carry it to an outlet in a rest area. I also have a cooler which plugs into the car. They are both handy on trips.

check at a Truck Stop for items that can be used to cook or heat food and for 12volt plug in coolers... or try a national truck stop chain website, like Flying J or Travel Centers of America. You can find info that way, or find an RV sales place, they sell such items also.

I got a portable microwave. You can carry it to an outlet in a rest area. I also have a cooler which plugs into the car. They are both handy on trips.

Oh, a toaster oven would work like that!

Summer is coming - I'll bet you could reheat frozen food in your car just fine by parking on the street with your windows closed for an hour! :P