sadsickgirl

Please Help Me With Diagnosis

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm mainly after Australians advice, specifically those in Sydney that can recommend some doctors that understand coeliac disease. I'm having a terrible time at the moment. Basically I've tested negatively for the blood test a number of times but I feel like I may still have coeliac disease and want to potentially have a biopsy done. The problem is there are no doctors that will take me seriously when I suggest this and say that if the blood test is negative then I don't have coeliac disease and theres nothing to worry about as I'm not really skinny.

I don't think my symptoms are classically coeliac disease but I'm so sick of feeling awful all the time I want to get this investigated.

- Severe hair loss - last 8 months.

- I have severe fatigue, tired all the time for the past 3 years.

- Severe depression for the past seven years, haven't responded to antidepressants at all.

- Moderate - severe back and neck pain for the past 8 months. I've been seeing a PT and have experienced no relief.

- Moderate joint pain which seems to be getting worse, for the past 8 months.

- Mild to moderate to occasionally severe GI symptoms, but these seem very random and I can't really find a pattern or connection with what goes on.

- Mild tingling/ numbness in hand and feet which like the GI symptoms is really random and follows no pattern. (I haven't told anyone about this as I pretty sure they'd think I'm mad).

Basically I feel like I'm in my 8th decade of life, not my second. If there is anyone, anyone at all that can recommend to me a doctor that will take me seriously I would be eternally grateful. I really feel at my wits end at the moment. I just got back from my doctor who said I have IBS and should try the FODMAP diet :(. Part of the reason why I'm desperate for testing is my family thinks I'm a hypochondriac and won't support me going gluten free unless I have a proper diagnosis.

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the ramble/rant.

Hello everyone,

I'm mainly after Australians advice, specifically those in Sydney that can recommend some doctors that understand coeliac disease. I'm having a terrible time at the moment.

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the ramble/rant.

Dropped a message in the other topic where you asked for help in Australia. Hope it will help!