Adalaide

Bread That Feels And Tastes Just Like Bread

Rate this topic

Today I enjoyed some time at a gluten free food fair. There were a lot of local and sort of local companies there with samples, I got to try a lot of really amazing foods. I also got to smile politely and choke down a few things that were just horrible. I came home with frozen cookie dough from a company that also makes killer frozen pizzas. So far though they're only extremely local and about 2 hours away from me so it'll probably be another year until I can find their things closer to home.

The big thing though was bread. There were dozens of breads and I tried them all but only one stood out. It was soft, springy, light, it was everything bread has always been for everyone else and I almost cried I was so happy. The company is Sun Flour Mills, and as far as I can tell you can contact them via their website to purchase directly from them. They aren't widely distributed in stores, but lucky for me I'm in an area where I can buy in a store. So, for anyone looking for a bread that won't have you compromising on what you grew up loving about bread, I would highly recommend trying to get your hands on a box. I tried the white and whole grain ones and both were beyond perfect.

You can't order directly from the website, but you can contact them via email listed on their website to make a purchase. I'll either head to the store later tonight (although that isn't likely as I'm already in my jammies) or on Monday to pick up a box of bread and see if I can make it turn out as awesome as it was at the event. I'm excited to have PB&J again but not really excited enough to put my jeans back on. At any rate, for people in the northwest of the US or in Texas I highly recommend this bread.

I'm on their website right now in another tab & it's functioning fine.

I'm on their website right now in another tab & it's functioning fine.

I still get a server error.

Try this:

http://www.sunflourmillsidaho.com/Sun%20Flour%20Mills/Home.html

if that doesn't work --- are you on the phone? Maybe that's the problem.

Well, whaddya know - I found their stuff at Sunflower Market!

Bought a box of the whole grain sandwich bread & roll mix. May try it tomorrow and make sandwiches.

I now have Rudi's, found Glutino Genius Bread today (if I would have known I'd find this mix I would have passed) and Sun Flour.

That's enough bread to last me 6 months!!