HopefulMama23

Gluten Challenge/ Beer!

Rate this topic

So this past week, after a year and three months of being gluten free, I did a gluten challenge to reassess my health and see if anything had changed. It was SO amazing- the bread, bagels, cereals, pasta, oh lord. But by the end of the week I had some mild diarrhea, bloatIng, and brain fog.

But last night we had friends over for drinks- and I had beer. Too many, to be sure, but not so many that I deserve what I am feeling now, which is quite possibly the worst hangover I have ever experienced. I am nauseous, dizzy, sick, tired, and depressed. I have had more than a couple glasses of wine in the past year and while I would wake up tired- it was nothing like this. I feel like I am dying! Could it be the gluten in the beer? If so, this is definitely the conclusive proof I was seeking that my gluten intolerance is still 100% there.

You were already reacting to the gluteny foods and then you continued and topped things off with the beer. Sure does sound like your pretty well glutened. It may take a week or two before you are feeling better and I hope you heal quickly.

Gluten builds up in the system and the beer put you over the edge.

Sorry, but at least, now you know for sure! No gluten for you.

I hope you recover quickly.

My suggestion? drink lots of water!!