Rate this topic

Well I decided to cancel my appointment at the Celiac center in Boston. I got a letter in the mail today basically telling me that they bill their appointments as outpatient hospital visits, and not as a dr visit. I called my insurance and I would have to pay a very large deductible and co-insurance on top of my usual copay. So my husband said really...after paying 1000 out of pocket for the Endo and now this..you know you feel better without gluten..so just go with out it.

So thats what Im going to do. Just go off Gluten and see how it goes. Everything came back negative anyway, I would just be repeating it all over again. I am IgA deficient tho and I swear thats why my original GI dr missed it all..but well see. I felt amazing the 3 weeks I was gluten-free and I hope it will work again.

Thanks everyone

By the way, if you are IgA deficient, the Enterolab tests will not work either...(those are some very sensitive tests for gluten intolerance, not celiac, and were developed for testing if patients with microscopic colitis were better off going gluten free)

Hi are you the one who was to see Leffler at the BI CELIAC CENTER in Boston? I was told he only sees patients on Fridays!!! Are you are you appointment was with him or Dr Kelley? I only ask because I could maybe see him sooner.

Good luck

No, I was seeing Dr. Sheth on July 16th.