caitlinpheatan

A Whole New World

Rate this topic

Hello. I have recently learned that I have celiac disease. The diagnosis came as a shock but, given the symptoms I experienced that led me to the doctor, Celiac is the one disease/disorder that starts with the letter C that I think scares me the least.

I'm 43 and have experienced what I now see as the symptoms for about 4 years. Maybe longer, I just didn't pay attention to them or they weren't serious or severe enough for me to notice.

I have yet to have the biopsy to confirm but that will be scheduled and I'm just reading and learning about things so, I am glad to have found this forum.

Hello & Welcome

Please remember to stay on gluten until after you have your biospy.. that is very important so you get the correct results...

Hi, and welcome. The other C diagnoses are scarier, aren't they?

Hello & Welcome

Please remember to stay on gluten until after you have your biospy.. that is very important so you get the correct results...

Thank you. I didn't know that. I was prepared to go gluten free right away.

Hi, and welcome. The other C diagnoses are scarier, aren't they?

Thank you. And yes they are. It's a lot of learning but I know it's survivable and manageable.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but welcome to the board. I'm also new (2 weeks).... it's quite a learning curve isn't it? LOL

Best wishes with your biopsy.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but welcome to the board. I'm also new (2 weeks).... it's quite a learning curve isn't it? LOL

Best wishes with your biopsy.

Thank you. I'm 43 and as healthy as a trout. I'm not at all used to being restricted in what I can eat... or having to think about it I guess is really what it boils down to.

I am reassured every time I walk through a grocery store and see the variety of gluten free food. But it's going to be an adventure...