This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Reading

BabsV

VydorScope Proficient

To be honest... if they did not come out in EBook I probably still would not be reading them... to spoiled by my nook! :)

• 4 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
0range Apprentice

I love non-fiction (any book that provides an opportunity to learn about something new!).

I'm currently reading "What a Plant Knows" by Daniel Chamovitz: Open Original Shared Link

What a Plant Knows is a rare inside look at what life is really like for the grass we walk on, the flowers we sniff, and the trees we climb. It is a true field guide to the senses for science buffs and green thumbs, and for anyone who seeks a greater understanding of our place in nature.

nvsmom Community Regular

I've got a few books on the go right now:

• Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar by Lustig
  • Good Calories, Bad Calories by Taubes
  • Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (Naked Empire)
  • Beyonders: A World Without Heroes by Mull - I'm reading this one outloud to my boys over lunch time lately... A good time for reading fiction or for school - they are feeding and happy, and have to sit and listen until they're done.  LOL
  • Sea of Monsters by Riodan - We're listening to this one in the car. The Percy Jackson and Olympians books ae very well done - perfect for boys.

I'm a book junkie.  :D

love2travel Mentor

As usual, the vast and teetering piles of books in the house are growing and growing. At the moment I am immersed in food science and on the lighter side, some tame murder by Dorothy Sayers. Oh, and ancient Israelite history.

luvs2eat Collaborator

How on earth did this thread get by me? I went to college in my 40s and, despite my science background, got a degree in English. I used to say that all I wanted to do was find a job where I could read all day. Trouble was... I forgot to say that I wanted a job where I could read good fiction all day!! I ended up working in medical publishing and read about orthopedics and ophthalmology all day!! UGH!

I had long work commutes in my life. I'd join the library in every town I worked in and listen to ALL of Dickens and Austen on audiobooks. I can not begin to tell you how alive the stories become when someone is reading to you!! I'd get to work or home and not remember how I got there cause I was so engrossed in the story! Once, in the book Jackdaws by Ken Follett, the characters were peeking thru a window at German soldiers who had discovered their safe house and I yelled, "SHOOT THEM!! SHOOT THEM!!" at the car celiac disease player!!

I've loved all of Ken Follett's books, especially Pillars of the Earth and its sequel, most of Stephen King's... the earlier ones..., Isabella Allende's (sp?), Amy Tan's, any of the Bronte's, and so many others. At the moment I'm rereading Faulkner, having studied him intensely in college. Talk about the darker underside of the South!!

bartfull Rising Star

I am just about to finish Pillars of the Earth tonight. Great book! So different from what he usually writes and better, IMO.

nvsmom Community Regular

Loved Pillars of the Earth!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

luvs2eat Collaborator

The sequel was good too... can't remember the name! I spent the better part of an entire weekend on the couch w/ it. Hubs walked thru the living room and said, "Are you STILL reading the same book???" Ha ha.

nvsmom Community Regular

I don't think I ever read the sequel... hmmm, might have to get it for my vacation.  ;)

Archived