Aussie76

Canned Foods?

Rate this topic

I've noticed problems with canned products that were supposed to be Gluten Free, has anyone else had any problems like this? Certain sites have suggested to stay away from canned products. Not sure what to think?

I've noticed problems with canned products that were supposed to be Gluten Free, has anyone else had any problems like this? Certain sites have suggested to stay away from canned products. Not sure what to think?

Hmm..maybe whatever the cans are lined with is causing a reaction in you?

You just can't make a blanket statement like that. I have seen canned things like vegetables and tomato sauce at Trader Joe's and also at Walmart that have warnings that the foods are made on shared lines. I will not buy those.

There are certain brands that some people claim to have had a problem with. Amy's and Hains come to mind.

What was the specific food/brand that you had trouble with?

Apparently I can make a blanket statement?! I thought this forum was supposed to be helpful?! Thanks for the positive response.

Are you asking if canned foods contain gluten? In the US, that should be listed in the ingredients. There is no reason I have seen, related to Celiac, not to eat canned foods

Aussie, do you have any problems with corn? Here in the US most cans are now being lined with plastic made from corn. They used to use plastic with those BPA's you may have heard about. They were really bad for people so someone found a way to make plastic with corn. Better for the general population, but sheer hell for those of us with corn intolerance.