Persei V.

So The Family Dna Is Bad

Rate this topic

So... As you all know, I have lactose and gluten intolerance. My sister, the almighty lucky one, had neither. Only a lactose allergy which gave her flu-like symptoms and she never stopped eating lactose and dairy.

Until 3 months ago, when she became lactose intolerant. And now her stomach has been cramping for three days straight and she can't eat, although she noted she gets worse after eating bread and crackers or eating out. I think the luck we have is that the only gluteny items of our house are bread, crackers and oats, so she doesn't really eat a lot of gluten anyway and everything is thorougly washed, so CC issues are low (all the pots never saw a molecule of gluten in their lives, because my mother has to eat low fat and natural foods or else she has migraines).

Should I speak to her so she can get tested...? She's averse to the idea but I'm worried because she's having basically everything that I had, only worst. It took me six years to develop GI after the LI and I still never felt real cramps from GI issues yet. I fear she might develop other intolerances...

if she has only had symptoms for three days, I don't think it is a strong indicator. she certainly could be celiac, but if it's as new as it sounds, she may not even test positive for celiac even if she is...especially since she is eating gluten light.

it's probably worth mentioning to her so she can keep an eye on it in case symptoms persist. it could just be a virus or something else entirely. or it could just be lactose intolerance (I developed LI only after having untreated celiac for 20years).

I hope she feels better soon.

Yeah, I am just worried... Anyhow, if the symptoms do persist my mum will take her to the doctor.

Fingers crossed for they to pass soon.