123glldd

Cilantro High In Salicylic Acid?

Rate this topic

I couldn't find info on this anywhere i looked does anyone know? =\ I love cilantro and my husband makes chutney all the time and I miss it so much..so i'm curious how much of it is in there...low medium or a lot?

Yes, cilantro is from the coriander plant. It is listed as high in sals. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

I'm not sure if i have a sensitivity to it..i've been avoiding it since being sick and i'm slowly re-introducing stuff but i was just curious to know how long to hold off. So maybe someday.

Wendy, when you need a painkiller, what do you use? If you use asperin and it doesn't bother you, chances are you don't have salicylate sensitivity. Even ibuprofen and naproxen usually bother sals sensitive people, so if you use those with no problem, you should be OK.

I practically never take anything...definitely haven't since going gluten free. I usually took motrin before going gluten free..not sure what that one was but it never bothered me then..i'm more so worried stuff started bothering me since going gluten free as i seemed to have issue with certain things like paprika. Before that i was fine but since that even a tablespoon of ketchup gave me heartburn so i left it alone for fear i am sensitive to high salicylates.