Danondan

Have You Felt Any Of These Symptoms?

Rate this topic

Hey everybody,

Excuse any possible typos, as this is written on an iPhone. So let me get to the point before my hands start to cramp...

I have had a combination of symptoms that have alluded doctors. I have done tests (that show up normal for the most part) and they get chalked up to IBS...but I highly doubt that's the case...

Every month or two, I wake up with a very strange headache, front of head and temples. I have sunken in eyes, fatigue and the inevitable VERY watery stool. my stomsch is bloated, and noisy. Thesesymptoms come on as rabidly as they come off, within a few days everything is normal again. I don't know if anything triggers it---but during these times I stop eating gluten ---and it either woke or not (I don't know --cuz you know, rapidity.)

Is this something ANYONE has experienced? Most web-searches have suggested celiac. The sunken eyes-headache (dull not throbby) and watery stool combo patter is what concerns me. all three of those are associated with IBS---but whatever is causing this, is causing them all at the same time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, TMI, the watery stools have a "smokey" smell, not a --- how do you say --- human? Smell? As if not much digestive work was goin on in the process, perhaps

I do have the same kind of D and yeah, that smokey smell lol...

Have you been tested for celiac? Or tried going gluten free for a few weeks or more?

If you haven't been tested for celiac you should do so. However you have to be eating gluten regularly for the tests to have a chance at being accurate. Even a short time gluten free can throw them off and some folks will have a false negative even when they have never been gluten free.

After all celiac related testing is finished give the diet a good strict try for at least a couple of months.

If you haven't been tested for celiac you should do so. However you have to be eating gluten regularly for the tests to have a chance at being accurate. Even a short time gluten free can throw them off and some folks will have a false negative even when they have never been gluten free.

After all celiac related testing is finished give the diet a good strict try for at least a couple of months.

I agree - you should definitely get tested. Don't remove gluten until you've completed celiac testing. People often regret trying the diet first, because they lose their best chance for diagnosis. Once testing is complete, remove ALL gluten for at least three months.

You primary doctor can order the full celiac blood panel for you to start the process.

Good Luck :)