jchristine

Any Advice On Symptoms?

Rate this topic

Help! I had a doctor's appt last week due to these symptoms: gastrointestinal issues (gas/bloating/feeling like my stomach was always full), fatigue, headaches. I've been suspicious of Celiac mostly because my son is gluten intolerant (only 19 months old, not yet tested for celiac). I was off gluten for about 2 weeks when the doctor took blood and told me it was "normal" and wants to do an ultrasound of my gallbladder (which I don't think is the problem). Then a few days ago, I woke up with hives all over my stomach and back and they aren't going away and don't respond to benadryl. Since I was off gluten for 2 weeks, I'm wondering if that could have affected the blood test? Also, after going off gluten, my stomach has been normal; though I just reintroduced it yesterday with no effects yet. Grasping at straws now, I don't know what to do!

If you took the test after you were off gluten for two weeks that may be why it came back normal. Drs will tell you not to go gluten free until you have been diagnosed with the disease.

Slight correction: doctors should tell you not to go gluten free before testing is completed.

• Upvote 1