Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamer

How Do I Know Which Ones Are Safe?

I'm having a MAD craving for crinkle cut and restaruant made french fries...with ketchup! My question is, how do I know if they are ok to eat. My husband has a restaurant and I love his fries. He told me he uses pure vegtable oil, but it's also the same oll that's used to make onion rings and mozerella sticks. I'm assuming that's a no no??

Any tips and advice is greatly appreciated!!

DEFINITE No-no!

I believe Ore-Ida frozen fries are safe. You can either deep fry your own at home, or better yet, fry them in just a thin layer of oil in a frying pan, flipping them often. They are really good that way. You can make a big batch and put some back in the freezer. Then when you want more you can cook them in the oven, but they'll taste a LOT better now because you fried them first.

Also, if you have a George Foreman grill, french fries are WONDERFUL cooked on that!

DEFINITE No-no!

I believe Ore-Ida frozen fries are safe. You can either deep fry your own at home, or better yet, fry them in just a thin layer of oil in a frying pan, flipping them often. They are really good that way. You can make a big batch and put some back in the freezer. Then when you want more you can cook them in the oven, but they'll taste a LOT better now because you fried them first.

Also, if you have a George Foreman grill, french fries are WONDERFUL cooked on that!

Yep yep. They are :)

I love Ore-Ida fries. Guess I can't be lazy tonight if I want my fries. I do have a George Foreman and may try them on it...sounds interesting.

Thanks for the advice!!

You'll love them. Close the cover so they'll cook more quickly, but you'll still have to turn them to get them brown on all sides. It won't take long and I promise, they taste better than restaurant fries!

I'm having a MAD craving for crinkle cut and restaruant made french fries...with ketchup! My question is, how do I know if they are ok to eat. My husband has a restaurant and I love his fries. He told me he uses pure vegtable oil, but it's also the same oll that's used to make onion rings and mozerella sticks. I'm assuming that's a no no??

Any tips and advice is greatly appreciated!!

I don't know if you live near a Five Guys but they only fry french fries in their fryer , they may use peanut oil, I am not sure. They are great fries. Also many Red Robin's have separate fryers as well.