This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Gluten Free Probiotic

campcour

campcour Apprentice

i have been researching probiotics a lot and decided to start taking htem, the only problem is that the only one i could find where i am living in saskatchwan that i thought was gluten free, made me super sick and i contacted the company... turns out it wasn't (swiss women's probiotic formula) i made the mistake of assuming wheat free meant gluten free. opps! :angry: but i know many people have said culturelle is gluten free but it costs a fortune to get shipped to canada. so does anyone know of any gluten free brands in canada that i could order? where did you get them from if so so that i can contact them. thanx so much for any help! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Lindam

:) I have been using Probiotics from a Company NOW Foods. Here is what they say about shipping to Canada:

WHEN SHIPPING OUTSIDE THE U.S., all orders are insured because, without it, we cannot guarantee delivery or cover damages, if any. All packages are sent via either USPS , UPS, or DHL (unless otherwise instructed by customer). Orders delivered outside the continental United States will be charged actual US Portal Service Express shipping and handling costs. Click here to check USPS Global Express Mail shipping costs to your country; charges are based on the weight and destination. All packages are sent as non-prescription nutritional supplements for private use only. So far, all orders have been accepted in ALL continents. All orders are usually shipped within 24-72 hours.

We do not accept COD orders

IMPORTANT NOTE: For questions on large orders, orders outside the United States, or for special shipping instructions, please contact us.

If you are interested in ordering, the website address is:Open Original Shared Link

I hope this helps.

Linda

campcour Apprentice

thanks so much! i am going to check out the website right now! :D

campcour Apprentice

i just placed my order and can't wait to get them! i ordered digestive enzymes and probioitcs from NOW! do you find these really make a difference?

Guest Lindam

:) YES!!! I feel that if I don't take them, I normally don't feel so good. I am also able to fight off other infections much easier!

I'm so glad that I could help.

Linda ;)

• 4 years later...
smalltownslackermom Newbie

Bump!

I'm looking for a gluten-free probiotic also.

NOW foods uses Barley Grass and oat grass. I don't see a guarantee of gluten-freedom there.

My old probiotic used to give me a bit of stomach pain and after I learned more about celiac, I noticed it also uses Barley Grass - that's Garden of Life brand.

So I am still looking.

I googled and found a few non-name-brands - does anyone have any feedback on some of them?

THX!

ENF Enthusiast

I use Wakunaga Kyo-Dophilus Probiotic Supplements. They are gluten-free, and milk free. I originally tried a small bottle purchased at Vitamin Shoppe, and now I order a years' supply at a time from Lame Advertisement - which does ship to Canada according to their website. I've had very good results using them. For the first month I took two every day, now I take just one. They are mild and don't cause any stomach problems. Another big plus is that they do not require refrigeration, so you can travel with them. I've had other effective non-dariy probiotics that were more expensive, such as NATREN Superdophilus (which must be refrigerated), but the Kyo-Dophilus works just as well for me. If I had to limit my supplements to just a few items, this product would be on my short list.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

daphniela Explorer

KIEFER!!

• 3 weeks later...
amber Explorer
i have been researching probiotics a lot and decided to start taking htem, the only problem is that the only one i could find where i am living in saskatchwan that i thought was gluten free, made me super sick and i contacted the company... turns out it wasn't (swiss women's probiotic formula) i made the mistake of assuming wheat free meant gluten free. opps! :angry: but i know many people have said culturelle is gluten free but it costs a fortune to get shipped to canada. so does anyone know of any gluten free brands in canada that i could order? where did you get them from if so so that i can contact them. thanx so much for any help! :D

Do you get Yakult in Canada? It is a probiotic drink in a tiny bottle which looks like milk. It tastes good a bit like juice. It is gluten free also. You have one of these small bottles per day.

According to their website it is sold in 30 countries and they started selling in Canada in 2007. Have a look in your supermarket. They keep it in the fridge section here with other milk drinks.

dadsspecialt Newbie

Try the Genestra line, available at health food stores. HTH! :)

• 1 month later...
edienamiller Newbie

hey, im also a regular user of Open Original Shared Link. getting the right capsules is really one of the most important factor that you should consider in order to ensure the capsule's efficiency.

everytime i need probiotic capsules supply, the only company that i trust is Extreme Health USA. it is a legitimate company that can give you quality and affordable products. B)

chatycady Explorer

Make your own!

Yogurt - it is the very best probiotic. Nothing can beat it!

• 1 month later...
GottaSki Mentor

I tried Yakult when I first went gluten-free and it bothered my stomach...finally got back to looking for another probiotic...thought I'd update this thread regarding Now Foods Acidophilus/bifidus ...pulled off their website

Other Ingredients: Potato Starch, Gelatin (capsule), Cellulose, Silica and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source). Contains milk derivative.

Note for those highly sensitive to milk protein: This product may contain minute amounts of casein.

Contains no: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, egg, shellfish or preservatives.

Not recommending yet...just ordered with Amazon/free shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
njbeachbum Explorer

I've used FloraQ2 for almost two years now. Works great, and says gluten free right on the label.

Open Original Shared Link

It is expensive but worth it. I usually use it daily, but sometimes every other day. It can be purchased at drugstore.com, which makes it very easy to get.

derek's wife Newbie

Hi, SISU makes gluten free probiotics. Google SISU and you will find more info. Look under "products" and it is under organ health.

Steph

Archived