Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AliE

Diagnosed 30 Days Ago

Hello Everyone-

I was diagnosed with several allergies about 30 days ago. I have struggled with weight and mood problems since I was about 3 years old, so about 20ish years.

I started having major issues with night sweats, moodiness, weight gain (with working out 6x a week), bloating, gas and ALWAYS hungery.

I finally asked a friend of mine who is a personal trainer about why I am gaining weight and working out/eating within calorie budget. He suggested an allergy test!

So I get my results back and Gluten/Wheat, peanuts, eggs have become an enemy....allergic to all of them.

So my whole diet has changed and I am still awaiting more allergy testing.

Anyone have suggestions on recipies, sites or ideas on how to eat?

There are substitutes for nearly every problem food. Find substitutes. I use almond, buckwheat, nut and bean flours. You can use almond, hazelnut, or other nut butter instead of peanuts. Flax seed and water can substitute for eggs in baked goods. There is a section on the forum with recipes.

Whole diet has changed? You can still have vegetables, fruits, and possibly dairy. Potatos can still be eaten. I have exchanged those with sweet potatoes.

You are in for some exciting new foods. Keep looking and avoid your allergies.

Diana

I found recipe books dealing with food allergies at the library; there are a few out there that can give you ideas. I know it seems overwhelming but it can be done; I have to deal with milk, gluten and tree nut problems in my house and I can still usually find ways to make the basics so the kids aren't feeling deprived.

Google is my friend when i need a quick recipe. there is a LOT on the internet.

Eating out is trickier, but if you are living a healthy lifestyle, I doubt you are ordering complex dishes when you are at a restaurant.

Good luck to you. i hope you see some great improvements now that you've identified those allergies.