Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4GoodHealth

Newly Self Diagnosed

I am 42yo and went Gluten Free in November 2012. I feel 20 years younger. Celiac panel negative 2 weeks later. I'm confident it's celiac disease. I have symptoms immediately after eating wheat. It's such an incentive to stay gluten-free, so I try to stick with it. I just started with a new GP and they did not recommend any other testing, just to follow-up with GI. I've had strange symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnosed in the past with IBS, reactive hypoglycemia, depression.

I'm glad this site exists. I no longer feel alone.

Eosinophilic esophagitis DX 6/2012

Tonsiliths since teenager

Acne - cleared up since gluten-free

Yeast infections - common for several years.

Sleep eating - since childhood -resolved since gluten-free

Proctalgia fugax since childhood- only flares now when glutened

Fibromyalgia DX in 2007

Joint pain since 2003

Bone pain since 2003

Dry skin - since childhood

Vinegar smelling feet - since childhood

Good for you!

My hubby decided to go gluten-free 12 years ago and couldn't be happier!  I'm recently diagnosed with celiac disease.  I guess after 25 years you really do start being "one" person!  Ha!

It was a tough first year for my hubby, he'd do the cheating thing and it would result in nasal congestion (severe snoring) and body aches.  So, we think it's a tolerance, but what does that matter?  

Welcome to the boards.  :) i'm glad you are feeling better. That's the main thing that matters, and not how you were diagnosed.

Some of your symptoms could also be caused by sub-clinical hypothyroidism (pain, dry skin, acne). You might want to google it nd see if the symptoms fit. If you want to get tested for it, the most common are TSH (should be near a 1), Free T4 and Free T3 (ideally in the 50-75% range of your lab's normal reference range), and TPO Ab (should be low). Low body temperature and cold extremeties are common too.

I hope you continue to feel better.