Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamatrois

Endoscopy Scheduled...in A Year! :(

Hello,

I had negative Celiac panel results in January (already off the gluten...oops!) and then went to visit a GI in March to discuss my symptoms.  Confirmed that an endoscopy would be the best way to diagnose, was recommended to remain off of gluten until the test, to avoid misery.  Then I was handed my endoscopy date of FEBRUARY 2014.   (O.o)

So, from all of my research, will the test even show anything with a year free of gluten?  Should I just scrap the whole idea and go with my self-diagnosis? As far as doing a gluten challenge, I don't think it's possible, as I seem to be frighteningly sensitive to trace amounts in my system.  

Thanks!

Rachel

Thank you for responding :)  

There is certainly a lack of GI's in the area, but I will contact the local Celiac Association and see if I can find one somewhere that can help out or maybe even specializes in Celiac.  I just wonder though, now that I am 100% gluten-free and tender with trace amounts, is there any way to diagnose?  I think my experience so far with 2 GP's and this GI have left me feeling a little unheard.   I know I could try the genetic testing...

Ah, well, it's just nice to know there are other people out there who 1.) understand and 2.) may have gone through something similar.

I just responded to you about quitting your job.  I didn't realize that you are going through problems getting a diagnosis.  My husband's doctor wouldn't test him despite the fact that our son had been diagnosed.  My husband went elsewhere and he indeed tested positive for it.  If you haven't been gluten free very long, you need to act quickly.  It takes some time to heal so that you can still get a positive biopsy is you are tested soon.  You can discuss this with your new doctor.   Otherwise you may have to consider a gluten challenge.  I hope that you can find someone who is experienced with the condition.