Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wmdcookes

Ugh- I Think I Messed Up My Blood Work

I have had ulcerative colitis for 20 years and after my last two pregnancies I started developing chronic mouth ulcers, breaing out on my shins and actually flaring for the first time in my life.

I went gluten-free about a month ago as a serious test, and the ulcers only come back after I eat gluten. So I went in for bloodwork yesterday and my MD was very supportive and ran a celiac panel. I should have the results soon. HOWEVER, I've been strictly gluten-free for about a week. after a pizza binge last weekend. Did I just totally screw that up?

It's possible that being gluten-free for a month prior to testing could have messed up your results. It depends on how quickly your antibody levels fall. Some people go back to normal quickly and others take years for their levels to fall.

About all you can do is wait for your results. If they are negative you could retest after a gluten challenge of a few weeks.

Good luck!

I had a positive DGP IgG in January with anything over 29 being a strong positive.  In January I had a 43, and after three months gluten free starting in March, it dropped to a 32.  I've been diligent with things, haven't eaten out since going gluten free, I do live in a shared apartment, but I am very careful with cleaning to avoid cross contamination.  I really thought it would have dropped more, but that's my story, and all I can continue to do is being as careful as I possibly can    :)

feel free to post your results here when you get them.  good luck!