Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renegade

How I'm I Suposed To Know What To Cut Out If I React To Anything?

I honestly have no clue anymore, one day I eat a type of  food and I'm ok then the next I get symptoms.

I though I was doing good with a rice mix with sweet potatoes red pepper,celery,salad and chicken well nope. Now I get bloated from all over my intestine (colon,liver,intestine) I been having this food for a whole week, and another week or 2 prior to that with just salad, rice, chicken and sweet potatoes (only recently added the celery and pepper). And every time I felt good until now.

Yesterday I had chicken in olive oil and felt my stomach being acidic.

If my colon react 2 or 3 hours after eating that food is it something I ate before? Crap I just dont know anymore and this is so frustration. I feel like im gonna have to try ONE single thing like eating sweet potatoes wait 5hours then eat celeri wait another 5, it's THAT freaking bad.

I never though eating could become so mentally challenging even more then physically.

Some stuff will give instant reaction then some will give reaction many hours later, how the hell do I know what is safe? It honestly seem like the ONLY thing that i dont react to is almonds or some frozen fruits and eggs, which i bet you won't last.

I had no constipation or bloating on my heavy gluten-free diet just no energy, consisting of cereal,bread and rice noodle, now that I added VEGGIES i feel like s$#& AND no energy.

It can be very hard.  You need to figure out how long it takes you to have a reaction.  My son and I are both celiac.  It takes him two days to notice a reaction and I usually notice the next morning.  Then it can be anything I ate the day before.  I keep track with a food/symptom journal.  I keep my diet simple and try to only add one new thing per week.  When I am reacting I keep eliminating and hoping for an improvement.  I usually show an improvement by the next day and again, it takes my son a couple of days.  It helps that we can compare with each other.  It helps to check with manufacturers for some change, for shared facilities, etc.  I also talk with my farmers at the market about their farming practices.  I use that information to decide which things to eliminate first.  It can be really challenging, but worth every bit of it when you finally succeed.  My son is now running when before he couldn't walk around the block without feeling sick.