Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MoMof2Boyz

Is This A Milk Allergy?

Recommended Posts

You could definitely have an intolerance to dairy, either casein or lactose or both. I had terrible trouble with my inner ear and sinuses before cutting out dairy, which has helped tremendously. You can't test for intolerances other than just cutting it out and seeing if you feel better.

So, drop all dairy for a few weeks and see if your sinuses start clearing up. If not, it could be another intolerance (soy?) or another problem all together.

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies! so an intolerance would cause my ears to turn red? I always thought that'd be an allergic reaction. I"ll cut out dairy/milk and see if the post nasal drip gets better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question:  since it's a mild allergy(my ears turned red after eating yogurt and having a drink that had milk in it yesterday..and today I tried milk and the top of my ear is red..looks like a sunburn)....is it possible for this mild allergy to turn into a severe allergy? Do  need to get an epi pen just in case?

 

also, did the reaction not show up on the blood test because it's a mild reaction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can ask your doctor.  They are expensive and have to be replaced every year.  We have them around for bee stings since my brother almost died from the reaction.  I'm allergic to milk, nuts, latex and NSAIDS but don't carry an epi pen.  I just make sure I don't eat it (or touch in the case of latex).   It's different for children since they might eat it unknowingly.  My daughter's friend keeps one at school for that very reason. All my allergies are pretty mild except for the NSAIDS. 

 

Remember, the blood test isn't 100% accurate.  Stop drinking milk (and all milk products), enjoy breathing and save on tissues!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question:  since it's a mild allergy(my ears turned red after eating yogurt and having a drink that had milk in it yesterday..and today I tried milk and the top of my ear is red..looks like a sunburn)....is it possible for this mild allergy to turn into a severe allergy? Do  need to get an epi pen just in case?

 

also, did the reaction not show up on the blood test because it's a mild reaction?

A mild reaction can turn into a bad one. Its like playing with fire.

 

I would suggest an epi pen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what it is.  I used to have nasal symptoms so bad that I kept Kleenex everwhere and I went through tons of it!  I also used to have problems with ears that felt hot to the touch and were visibly red.

 

I have IgG allergies, aka intolerances.  Eggs, dairy, fish, shellfish, chicken, lamb, rye, buckwheat and a whole slew of herbs and spices.

 

Given that you have nasal issues, I would suspsect dairy but really it could be anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I'm allergic to milk, nuts, latex and NSAIDS but don't carry an epi pen.  I just make sure I don't eat it (or touch in the case of latex).  

 

That is very dangerous. You are obviously an adult but there is ALWAYS a chance you can be walking into a situation when you don't have all the information about a product and not having epis could prove deadly.

 

 

OP, I would ask your Dr. but if you have negative blood work and your ears turning red is the *only* thing that happens, I'm not sure they would prescribe one for that alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...