Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dizzydo

Home Tests

Hi I'm new on this forum, have been suffering dizziness and disoriention and fatigue  for years  but for the last year I've had this awful heartburn thInk they call it GERD, tried everything but nothing helps and doctors don't either, they just say your depressed I feel like I've been hit by a bus in a morning, and have to pace myself to get my jobs done, anyway I have tried one of the home testing  kits for gluten intorance and it was negative, besides that I accidently spilt some of the liquid that you mix with the blood, 2 questions would this affect the results? and could I stll be gluten intolerent even if this test was negative?

Also get tingling on the soles of my feet

Never go out feel too ill and dizzy

2 questions would this affect the results? and could I stll be gluten intolerent even if this test was negative?

YES and YES.  You have neurological symptoms, fatigue and digestive symptoms, Celiac Disease is definitely in the differential diagnosis. I recommend finding a good gastro intestinal doctor as soon as possible.

I would get tested by a lab. Its sounds like your test may not have been accurate.

There are no medically accepted tests for non-celiac gluten intolerance (NCGI) at this time. That's not to say some won't be in the future but as for now, the most accepted blood test for NCGI is the AGA IgA and AGA IgG, which test for gliadin sensitivity but are not that reliable.

Celiac blood tests look for the antibodies that would try to damage your intestinal villi when you eat gluten. This doesn't happen with NCGI, but those with NCGI will feel evry bit as poorly as a celiac and possibly have all of the other symptoms. The celiac tests are:

tTG IgA and tTG IgG

DGP IgA and DGP IgG

EMA IgA

total serum IgA (a control test)

Continue eating gluten until all testing is done.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

when my celiac came on I had bouts of dizziness. I felt like the room was spinning type of dizzy. I would have to hold onto the stair railing so I wouldn't fall. It was the weirdest scariest feeling.

But even if you don't have a gluten issue, dizziness should really be checked out. Dizziness could be a symptom of diabites and so can the tingling, actually a major symptom