emilykay405

Dry Heaves? Nausea? Help!

Rate this topic

I had Arby's (something that hasn't caused problems in the past...which is why I still eat it). I'm on gluten until at least Thursday. The nausea pills I have seem to work. This isn't the first time it's happened. The last time it happened was after I ate out but I don't remember where.

Did you ask your primary why they interpreted your test results as positive?  If they are correct and your interpretation is wrong than it is not surprising that you are having issues.  Also if you are actively refluxing than I would expect problems too.  You may be gluten intolerant which would also cause these issues.  If it were me I would try to eat more healthy to heal from the problems you are having.  Are you planning to have an endoscopic procedure?  Do you plan to go gluten free regardless of results?  

All the best!

Colleen 

I'm only eat gluten once a day and I'm only doing that until I know if the GI wants to do an endo. When I had the discussion with my Mom it was more of a "keep eating the same for lunch and the house will be gluten-free." After this...I'm thinking I just need to enjoy some toast and start making my lunches for work. I have a horrible, horrible fast food addiction...and I think it's better to work on that sooner rather than later.

I am actively refluxing, too. Not only do I have the hiatal hernia but I have some serious GERD. Like, I feel food in my throat an hour after I've eaten bad reflux. Today my body just said, "Nope, no way. I'm done with this nonsense."

I have an appointment on Thursday to talk to him about my test results. I'm pretty sure they are negative (which means diddly squat).

I posted the results in another thread, here they are:

Immunoglobulin IGA 279 (I can't find a range for this...but it is listed under 'abnormal'

IGG 2 

IGA 5

tTG IGA 3

When I looked on the website for the interpretation it says: 

<20 units, negative

20-30 units, weak positive

>30 units moderate to strong positive

That looks negative to me. So I'll see what the doc says when we have a chat Thursday.

Well once you know. Then look on line and see what fast food places have Gluten free stuff. McDonalds has Gluten Free fries , So when I go out, if my friends want to stop at Mickey "D"s I get FF's and a soda. It doesn't seem like much but really I will never suffer on purpose. Or you can say, Nope I am done with Fast Food forever!! It is toxic to me and my body!! You can do it!! All that crap is not nourishing to your body. Take care of your self!! You are in control of you!! Sorry I tell my kids the same thing! Hope you feel better soon! Good luck!!