Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spikeran

New Guy With Blood Work Questions....

hey everyone had couple quick questions about blood work I had done, still waiting for my doctor to call me back so I figured I would come here and see if anyone had any advice.  I have no idea about blood or any of the tests they ran on it so excuse my lack of knowledge...

My blood work for Transglutaminase AB IgA came back high according to the "normal range" it was 18 U m/l.  The "normal range" is according to my test results was < or = to 6.9.  I was just wondering if anyone had any info or knew what a potentially high test result meant.  Thanks for your help guys!  Once again I do not know anything about blood work or these tests so I am sorry if it seems like I have no idea what I am talking about.  

The test for Transglutaminase (tTG)-IgA antibodies is specific to Celiac Disease.  Having a positive result may prompt your Doctor to order an Endoscopy Procedure to confirm a diagnosis.

Colleen

The test for Transglutaminase (tTG)-IgA antibodies is specific to Celiac Disease.  Having a positive result may prompt your Doctor to order an Endoscopy Procedure to confirm a diagnosis.

Colleen

Thanks so much I appreciate the help!